Speakeasy Art Gallery serves as a private art school offering enrichment classes for both youth and adult students. Our students gain skills, knowledge and confidence from these fun and educational classes. All instructors at Speakeasy Art are working artists with extensive teaching experience. Classes are held on site at Speakeasy Art Gallery, in Boonton's Art District, with it's rotating artists' work on display to reference and inspire. A student exhibit and reception is held twice a year at the gallery.
Class sizes are kept small to ensure that students receive plenty of individual attention for their art lessons. Youth classes are generally recommended for ages 7-11, some exceptions can be made for slightly younger or older students. We suggest that mature teens with an interest in learning the visual arts attend our adult and teen evening classes. All classes consist of a 6 week semester, 1 missed class may be made up on the week following week 6. Students who have not missed any classes in a semester, but would like to attend the make up session may do so at a prorated cost. We understand that family schedules can be busy, so we do our best to accommodate students by keeping our areas of study, schedule and make up options flexible.
The gallery services students from mainly the Morris County area including Boonton, Boonton Township, Mountain Lakes, Montville, Denville, Parsipanny, Lincoln Park, Dover, Morristown and beyond.
Following the official state guidelines for private classes, we will take the following measures in response to COVID 19:
- We are limiting the class sizes to 6 students per class to ensure that there will be a minimum of 6 feet between each student.
- The wearing of masks will be required for the duration of the class by our staff and students.
- Windows will be open to provide proper ventilation.
- Students will be asked to only leave their seats one at a time to use the restroom.
- The handling the same materials will be limited as much as possible and when it is required the instructor and students will use sanitizer before and after.
- Students materials and work area will be disinfected at the end of each class session.